3. Installer Professionalism Guarantee! Our installers are neat, clean, well-groomed, well-spoken and professional. They are trained and experienced. They are guests in your home, and they conduct themselves as such. They respect you and your home. You’ll receive the highest-quality installation in the business. And after they’re finished, they will leave your home as neat and clean as when they arrived!
4. FreeDesign Audit™
—This is a diagnostic tool that allows my expert floor consultants help you choose the right floor for your decorating taste and lifestyle. They’ll walk you through a series of questions that will help narrow down the thousands of options to the two or three that exactly match your unique situation. We will walk you through a series of questions that will help narrow down the thousands of options to two or three that exactly match your unique situation.
5. You’ll also get a written, customized “maintenance” plan with our professional recommendations for getting the longest life and beauty out of your floor.
6. Honest Pricing—We’ll give you an exact GUARANTEED written quotation after measuring within 2-3 days. Accuracy takes some time and we want it to be right for you! No hidden costs. All our quotes are good for 30 days unless stated otherwise on the quote.
7. You’re kept updated throughout the process—From the time you select the product until after it’s installed, you will be contacted no fewer than six times by mail, phone, and email. You’ll never have to wonder what’s happening with your flooring.
8. You can read our testimonials
—click on this link to see what your friends and neighbors are saying about our service! Click Here
9. How long have you been in business? We have been primarily serving the Treasure Valley (Boise, Idaho) since 1974 and we are a local business. We have also done some business in Washington, Utah, Arizona, and Oregon. Our primary focus is Boise, Meridian, Nampa, Caldwell, Eagle, Kuna, Star, Middleton, and the surrounding cities in Idaho.
10. Do you only sell carpet? We sell all types of products, including but not limited to carpet, hardwood, laminate flooring, vinyl, tile, and we bind area rugs. We also offer granite slab, quartz and laminate counter tops.
11. Do you provide installation? We provide installation for everything we sell. If you have your own installer we are more than happy to sell you just the product. Please note that we do not install products that we do not sell.
12. How often should I vacuum my carpet?
Installing new carpet in your home is a large investment and your carpet should be taken care of appropriately. Protect your investment by also investing in a good vacuum and use it as often as possible. Please note that carpet warranties aren’t applicable to hallways and stairs because of the heavy traffic, so vacuuming these areas more often will help with appearance retention. Please be careful what vacuum you use. Some vacuums (such as a Dyson) have been known to have too much suction and actually pull carpet out of the backing which is not covered by carpet manufacturers warranty. Please click here
to see if your vacuum is approved by the Carpet and Rug Institute. Also, if your carpet is long or "shag"-like please use a suction only vacuum because a beater bar will ruin the long tufts. If you have more specific questions please call us.
13. How often should I clean my carpets?
Again, new carpet is a major investment and should be properly cared for to maintain its appearance. Carpet manufacturers require that you clean your carpets every 12-18 months to maintain your warranty. Please click here
to see what your carpet manufacturer requires and their preferred method for cleaning. Most manufacturers recommend "truck mounted hot water extraction" but please check first with us or go here to research this yourself. Here is another video talking about cleaning and it's importance by a true professional - Click here
to watch it.
14. Where are you located?
Our flooring showroom in Meridian, Idaho is located at 1763 W. Marcon Lane Suite 100, Meridian, ID 83642
(Off Linder Road, between Franklin and Pine). Click here for directions and hours. We are there Monday – Friday from 9 am to 5 pm or please call in advance to setup an appointment, so we can give you our undivided attention.
15. Do I need an appointment? No, you don’t need an appointment but sometimes it is good to call ahead to setup an appointment. Because we work all over the valley, there are times when we do not always have sales personnel available at the showroom. Also, scheduling appointments allows us to give you our undivided attention, and we have found this sometimes works best by appointment, but feel free to drop in during business hours.
16. What number do I call? How do I contact you?
Our office number is (208) 288-0151. You can also email us at [email protected]
17. Does my product have a Warranty? All manufacturer warranties apply to the products we sell. Some manufacturers do require certain things like having your carpets cleaned periodically to keep the warranty valid, so please ask us for the warranty information that applies to your specific products. Here are some carpet fiber warranty phones numbers and websites:
WARRANTY CONTACT INFORMATION
Mohawk Warranty Information
Shaw Warranty Information
ANSO Fibers: 800-441-8185
DuPont Fiber System: 800-362-7837
Wear-Dated II: 800-237-8289
3M Scotchgard Stain Release Service Center: 800-433-3296
Scotchgard Warranty Service Center: 800-352-6789
Stainmaster Warranty Center online
18. Do you have inventory here? On most things we let the manufacturers be our warehouses, so there aren't dyelot/matching issues with your order. We stock items for property management clients, so if you need something quickly please check with us. We will stock specific items for you depending on what your needs are for your projects. Also, if you plan on making multiple purchases in a relatively short amount of time, we are more than happy to negotiate purchasing items in bulk just for you and your particular needs.
19. Is there a smell associated with hardwood stain and finish? Unfortunately, there are smells associated with hardwood finishes and stains. There is not a way around that, and it is part of the process. Some people are more effected by the smells that others, so please be aware of this. Opening of windows, and circulating fresh air helps, but there will always be a smell associated with the finishes and stains. The smell will go away in time. It is not permanent. It will go away. Most people find in 1-3 days that it doesn't bother them or they don’t notice it as much. But everybody reacts to the smells differently. During the actual finishing of hardwood floors, pets and animals, i.e. cats, dogs, fish, etc. need to be gone, and sometimes plants can even react adversely to the finish as well. When it doubt, take them out of the house. If you are overly sensitive to things like this please discuss it with us.....You might need to stay out of the house longer, or take further precautions. Each person is different, and we cannot be held responsible to any allergic reactions to hardwood stain and finishes.
20. How long does it take to get my order? Most products are usually 1–2 weeks out. A lot of products are stocked locally by manufacturers and can be picked up the same day that they are ordered. Please note, freight is an inexact science, so sometimes it takes a little longer but we try our best to give you accurate information. Orders are sometimes unexpectedly delayed due to weather and other things that are out of our control. If it snows in Georgia where most carpet mills are the world stops. We will always let you know if something of this nature arises, and will work to correct it as quickly as possible.
21. Do you do free quotes?
Yes, we would love to give you a quote on your project to show you how we can service your specific needs and offer you our exceptional customer service, the only thing we ask is that you come into our showroom
in Meridian, Idaho and pick out your flooring first and then we will come out to give you a quote. When we do quotes they are guaranteed for sure for 30 days after the day they are sent.
22. How much does it cost?
The total cost of a purchase has many variables and for accuracy, we feel more comfortable quoting you a price after you have picked out product and we have measured everything. Please email us at [email protected]
or give us a call
(208) 288-0151, so we can talk through this more.
23. Who do you sell to?
We will sell to anybody from builders to homeowners. If you plan on multiple residential purchases this year, please take the time to fill out a credit application
24. Do you sell major name brands? Yes, we carry most major name brands. We support some brands more than others so feel free to call us or stop by.
25. Can I get more flooring of what I already have? Yes, as long as your particular style has not been discontinued. There can sometimes be DYELOT issues, meaning your product may not exactly match newly manufactured products of the same style and type. We can help determine if there will be any problems with matching your existing product.
26. What is a "Dye Lot"? Each time a product such as carpet is made at the mill it is called a run. Each “run” made at the mill has a slightly different color shading because the products/dyes used cannot be duplicated exactly the same each time. The dyelot is unique every time that carpet is made. Those of you who knit or sew will understand this completely. We want to make sure that all carpet in your house is the same dye lot whenever possible.
27. Are Designers/Decorators available?
Our sales staff
has all spent time taking decorating classes. We also can recommend design/decorating services available for an additional fee. Because you will be living with your purchase, you are often your own best designer.
29. Do you provide installation? We provide installation for everything we sell. If you have your own installer we are more than happy to sell you just the product. Please note that we do not install products that we do not sell. Read our blog about this to gain better understanding – click here
30. Would you do the plumbing for us i.e. reinstall our toilets, waterline to a fridge, or sinks? By Idaho law we can only remove plumbing items. We cannot re-install toilets, sinks, or hookups fridges/washers or dishwashers - you can do these yourself but your best bet would be to call a licensed plumber who is fully insured. Same goes for electrical and other trades that you need to be licensed for in the state of Idaho.
31. Can I apply more than one offer or coupon/special together? Unfortunately, you cannot - if we already gave you a discount then you can only use 1 at a time, and if they have expired then they have expired.......we can't honor multiple offers/discounts on the same job.
32. How long are your quotes good for? Our quotes are good for 30 days unless otherwise stated. If it has been past 30 days you will need to discuss it with us directly or get a new quote.
33. Can you show me the hardwood flooring that will not scratch? I'm with you on this one, I wish this was true, but it just isn't the case ~ all flooring can be scratched, dinged, and damaged depending on what you do to it. Please just remember stainless steel is incredibly hard and the next time you look at your sink even that scratches.
34. Why is my carpet lying down on my stairs and hallways? Again on this one, all wear and texture warranties are void on heavy traffic areas, halls, and stairs. Carpet is amazing and does amazing things, but at the end of the day it is still a fiber/fabric type material. In those areas, your best bet is to vacuum more often and get those high traffic areas cleaned professional more often like every 3 to 6 months, then just the minimum every 18 months that mills require to keep their warranties.
35. Should I use a polish product on my hardwood from the grocery store or a grocery carpet cleaner?
Please don't use these products......a polish product from a normal grocery store will make your floor look good initially but over time builds up and leaves a mess that is hard to fix later. Also grocery store carpet cleaning spotters tend to leave a sticky residue and overall don't work that great. We have solutions for both so please talk to us
and we can get you products that actually work and are recommended by manufacturers.
36. Still have a question?
We want to be your trusted advisors, so please feel free to ask us anything that you might need or want to know about floor coverings. Please call us
or submit a question by email to [email protected]
, and we will get back to you with an answer as soon as possible. We may even write a blog about your question for you. We appreciate your questions and please do not hesitate to ask us, we are here for you.